Can anyone tell me what the calories are in this dish. I cannot seem to find the chart that comes up telling me all the nutritional values. Many thanks.
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 4 chicken legs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Place chicken legs and thighs in a gallon-size zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- 2. Microwave peanut butter and next 4 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. (Mixture will appear broken at first.) Spoon mixture over chicken in bag, and seal. Using hands, work peanut butter mixture onto chicken until evenly coated. Chill 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from peanut butter mixture, discarding mixture.
- 3. Process peanuts and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until peanuts are finely ground. Place crumbs in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken, and seal. Shake to coat. Place chicken on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion of thigh registers 170°.
- Note: Baked chicken may be frozen in a zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 3 months. Let thaw in refrigerator overnight. To reheat, place chicken on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan. Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note