Peanut Apple Salad
From Simply in Season - Mennonite Cookbook
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 apples
- 1/2 cup(s) celery
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) nuts
- 1/4 cup(s) Coconut Shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine last 4 ingredients for dressing and then pour over salad (First 5 ingredients).
- Cream Dressing Variation: Mix together in a sauce pan 1 egg, 1/4 C. Sugar, 3 T Vinegar, 1/4 t. dry mustard, and 1/8 t. celery seed. Cook until thickened. Cool. Gently fold in 1/4 C. Whipping cream (Whipped) and add to salad. Toss gently.
- Makes a LOT of salad. We typically cut it in half.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by spounds and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanut Apple Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads