- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 3 green peppers, seeded and cut lengthwise into 6 pieces
- 6 medium-size firm, ripe peaches, peeled, halved, and pitted
- 3 medium-size purple onions, cut into 6 wedges
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- calories 354
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 5.2 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 29.9 g
- carbohydrate 46.5 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 202 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
Thread chicken evenly onto 3 (12-inch) skewers. Thread pepper, peach halves, and onion alternately onto 6 (12-inch) skewers.
Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place chicken and vegetable-peach skewers on rack; grill, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables and peaches are tender and chicken is done, turning and basting often with lime juice mixture. Remove chicken, vegetables, and peaches from skewers.
To serve, place 1/2 cup rice on each plate; top evenly with chicken, vegetables, and peaches.