- 2.6 ounces white rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.3 ounces cornstarch (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.1 ounces sweet white sorghum flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy buttery spread (such as Earth Balance), softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- Cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons peach preserves
- 2 cups frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 6 peach slices, cut into thirds
- calories 75
- fat 2.8 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 0.2 mg
- sodium 58 mg
- calcium 20 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Weigh or lightly spoon white rice flour, cornstarch, and sweet white sorghum flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine white rice flour, cornstarch, sweet white sorghum flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
Place sugar and buttery spread in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture and soy milk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Place 36 paper muffin cup liners in miniature muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon two-thirds of batter into prepared cups, filling each cup halfway. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon peach preserves over batter in cups; top with remaining batter. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched in center. Cool 2 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Spoon whipped topping into a pastry bag fitted with a small star tip; pipe whipped topping onto cupcakes. Top cupcakes with peaches.