Peach-and-Tomato Gazpacho with Cucumber Yogurt
This soup captures summer in a bowl. It's light and refreshing--the perfect balance of sweet peaches and ripe tomatoes.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 5 large peaches, peeled and divided
- 3 large tomatoes, cored and divided
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup finely diced English cucumber
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garnishes: fresh chive pieces
- 1. Quarter 4 peaches and 2 tomatoes. Process quartered peaches and tomatoes and next 2 ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- 2. Chop remaining peach and tomato. Stir into pureed mixture. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine cucumber and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. (Chilling can dull the seasoning, so you may need to add more salt and pepper before serving.)
- 4. Ladle gazpacho into bowls. Spoon cucumber mixture over gazpacho. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note