- 1 cup peeled fresh peaches, diced
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 24 baked (1 3/4-inch) tart shells
How to Make It
Combine peaches and sugar in a saucepan; let stand 30 minutes or until mixture becomes syrupy. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and a small amount of water to form a smooth paste. Stir cornstarch mixture into peaches; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat, and stir in butter and almond extract. Cool slightly. Spoon 2 teaspoons peach mixture into each tart shell.