I agree with the other comments. I should have believed them and not wasted my ingredients on these muffins. They have no taste and they are heavy and almost gooey. I baked them until they were done. The bottoms didnt even brown. I wouldnt recommend baking these muffins.
Peach Streusel Muffins
If you're using frozen peach slices, thaw them; then drain any liquid before chopping.
Yield: Makes 1 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peeled peaches, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chilled butter or margarine
- Beat 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating until blended.
- Combine 2 1/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract, and fold in chopped peaches.
- Spoon muffin batter into greased or paper-lined muffin pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon; cut in 2 1/2 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads