I agree with the other comments. I should have believed them and not wasted my ingredients on these muffins. They have no taste and they are heavy and almost gooey. I baked them until they were done. The bottoms didnt even brown. I wouldnt recommend baking these muffins.
Peach Streusel Muffins
If you're using frozen peach slices, thaw them; then drain any liquid before chopping.
Yield: Makes 1 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peeled peaches, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chilled butter or margarine
- Beat 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating until blended.
- Combine 2 1/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract, and fold in chopped peaches.
- Spoon muffin batter into greased or paper-lined muffin pan, filling two-thirds full.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon; cut in 2 1/2 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over muffin batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note