Peach Streusel Cake
More From Food & Wine
Total: 2 Hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag frozen peaches, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325° and butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, using your fingers, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Add the butter and mix until smooth. Add the pecans; press the mixture into clumps.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light, 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time; beat in the sour cream and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until incorporated.
- Spread two-thirds of the batter in the pan. Fold the peaches into the remaining batter and spoon into the pan. Scatter the streusel crumbs on top. Bake the cake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; loosely cover the cake with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.Transfer to a rack and cool for 30 minutes, then remove the ring and let the cake cool completely before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note