Community Recipe from
- 4 piece(s) Peaches blanch, skin and cube
- 1/2 whole(s) Lemon sqeeze juice from
- 2 tablespoon(s) simple syrup
- Pure Peach Sorbet
- Serves 4
- 4 large, very ripe peaches
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons sweetener, honey or blue agave
- Pit and cut the peaches into medium size cubes, holding over a large sheet of heavy-duty foil to catch all the juices. If you want a smooth sorbet, peel the peaches before cutting by placing in a pot of boiling water to blanch for about 40 seconds to easily remove the skin; this method works best with very ripe fruit.
- After the peaches are cut, add a squeeze of lemon juice, about 2 teaspoons and the same amount of liquid sweetener. Toss gently to distribute lemon and sweetener, and fold over the foil to seal and place flat in the freezer for about 2-3 hours. The peaches and the juices should be frozen until almost solid, but not completely solid, so they will blend easily in the food processor.
- Place the frozen peaches and their juices in the food processor, pulsing at first, and then blending until smooth. Use an ice cream scoop, place in bowls and top with a crisp sugar cookie.
- *Note: I do not process the sorbet ahead of time, something this fresh and simple is best eaten immediately after blending.
- print recipe
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jsteverson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peach Sorbet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts