- 2 medium-sized golden beets
- 2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 medium peeled peaches, sliced
- 3 tablespoons small fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- calories 112
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 164 mg
- calcium 23 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 inch. Place beets in a glass or ceramic baking dish; fill dish one-third full with water. Cover with foil; bake at 425° for 1 hour or until beets are tender. Cool. Peel beets, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Core tomatoes; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the beet and tomato slices on a platter; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, oil, 1 tablespoon juice, honey, and shallot in a medium bowl. Toss peach slices with remaining 1 tablespoon juice. Add peach mixture to honey mixture; toss. Mound peach mixture on top of beet and tomato slices; sprinkle salad with the mint, thyme, and goat cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.