More From Oxmoor House
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Stir together peaches, lemon juice, and cinnamon; cover and set aside.
- Stir together flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl; cut in butter and shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add milk, stirring just until moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times.
- Roll dough into a 13- x 10-inch rectangle; spread peach mixture evenly over dough to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at long side; pinch ends to seal. Cut into 8 slices. Place rolls in a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Combine sugars and water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sugars dissolve. Pour hot sugar mixture over rolls. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve rolls and syrup warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Tip: To easily slice roll of dough, place a long piece of dental floss or string under dough 1 1/2 inches from end of roll. Cross ends of dental floss over top of roll; slowly pull the ends to cut through the dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts