Made this one evening after work. So easy and delicious. Definitely plan to make this jam again. Delightful spooned over rich, vanilla bean ice-cream.
Lavender adds a floral note, but you can omit it if you like. Prep and Cook Time: 45 minutes, plus 2 hours to chill. Notes: To see whether the jam has cooked long enough to thicken to your taste, put a tablespoonful onto a plate you've chilled for 20 minutes in the freezer. The jam will cool and thicken to its final consistency.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 28
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 0.1mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender buds
- 1 pound (about 5) ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ounces (1/2 pint) red raspberries, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Put lavender buds in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over the buds and let steep 10 minutes. Strain the scented water into a bowl and set aside; discard buds.
- 2. In a 4-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine peaches, raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until liquid has the consistency of thick maple syrup, about 14 minutes. Stir in the lavender water and boil, stirring often, another 2 minutes, or until mixture reaches desired thickness (see notes).
- 3. Remove jam from heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Chill, covered, at least 2 hours before using. Jam keeps, chilled, up to 4 weeks.
- Note: nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This