Photo: Sara Gray; Styling: Sheri Harrison
Serve this colorful fruit cobbler with your favorite vanilla ice cream or a large dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 cup thick-sliced peaches (8 large peaches)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (6-ounce) containers fresh raspberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream, whipped cream
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place peach slices in a large bowl. Sprinkle sugar mixture over peaches, and toss until combined. Sprinkle vanilla over peach mixture, add raspberries, and toss gently. Let stand while preparing topping.
- Whisk together brown sugar and 2 cups flour in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse meal. Stir in oats and walnuts. Pour peach mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with topping (dish will be full).
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and top is golden. Serve warm. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts