Peach and Raspberry Cloud Cake
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 1.1%
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 36mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed (see notes)
- 3 firm-ripe peaches (about 1 lb. total), peeled
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a deep bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with a mixer on high speed until frothy. Add 1 cup sugar, about 1 tablespoon every 30 seconds, beating whites until they hold stiff peaks. Beat in vanilla and anise.
- 2. Lightly butter and flour-dust an 8-inch cheesecake pan with removable rim. Spread meringue level in pan. Bake in a 275° oven until pale golden, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 3. Run a thin-bladed knife between meringue cake and pan rim to release. Cool cake on a rack, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Thinly slice peaches; mix 2 cups slices with 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 5. In a blender or food processor, whirl smooth remaining peaches, raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Rub puree through a fine strainer into a bowl; discard residue.
- 6. Remove pan rim and set meringue cake on a plate. Spoon sliced peaches and whole berries onto cake and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons fruit sauce. Cut cake into wedges and add remaining sauce to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peach and Raspberry Cloud Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts