This bread is exceptional. I made if for Mother's Day 2011 and our family of 5 scarfed the whole thing down in about 2 hours. Even the crust is delicious!
Peach Pie Quick Bread
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Cool: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21-oz.) can peach fruit filling
- Cooking spray for baking
- 1. Heat chopped pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 8 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk together sugar, oil, and eggs. Gradually add sugar mixture to flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in vanilla. Fold in fruit filling and pecans just until blended. Pour batter into 2 (8- x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray for baking.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes; shield with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary, and bake 15 more minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool loaves in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and cool 15 minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Comstock More Fruit Peach Pie Filling or Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note