Just made it....very yummy! The peach pepper variation reminds me of Captain Rodney's sauce. I made one batch just as the recipe states. The second batch I made sugar free using a combination between this recipe and the sugar free sure jell recipe.
Try It With: Coconut fried shrimp, chicken quesadillas, or ham and fontina panini.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 26 Minutes
- 4 1/2 cups peeled and diced peaches (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1.75-oz.) package powdered fruit pectin
- 1. Stir together all ingredients in a 4-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl.
- 2. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes (mixture will boil). Stir mixture, and microwave at HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. (You're going for the viscosity of pancake syrup here. The mixture will thicken to soft-set preserves after it cools and chills.) Cool mixture completely (about 2 hours). Serve immediately, or cover and chill preserves in an airtight container until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note