- 4 1/2 cups peeled and diced peaches (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1.75-oz.) package powdered fruit pectin
How to Make It
Stir together all ingredients in a 4-qt. microwave-safe glass bowl.
Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes (mixture will boil). Stir mixture, and microwave at HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. (You're going for the viscosity of pancake syrup here. The mixture will thicken to soft-set preserves after it cools and chills.) Cool mixture completely (about 2 hours). Serve immediately, or cover and chill preserves in an airtight container until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.