These bars can be served right out of the oven, but we liked them better after they sat overnight. Store in an airtight container up to five days.
Southern Living SEPTEMBER 2007
1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once after 5 minutes.
3. Divide cookie dough into 3 equal pieces, and press evenly onto bottom of a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with pecans, pressing into dough.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
5. Bring peach preserves and cornstarch to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour preserve mixture evenly over warm crust.
6. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar, and cut into bars. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Sugar refrigerated cookie dough.
Go to Full Version of