Rose Ann Koffler recommends fresh salsa to perk up even the plainest meats. And for pork or poultry, she uses this spiced fresh fruit concoction. It holds well at room temperature up to 2 hours.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 25
- Calories from fat: 3.6%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 1mg
- 1 cup diced (1/2 in.) peeled firm-ripe peach or nectarine
- 1 cup diced (1/2 in.) peeled firm-ripe pear
- 1/2 cup chunks (1/2 in.) red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Mix peach, pear, bell pepper, onion, vinegar, honey, basil, cinnamon, cayenne, and allspice.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note