Peach and Muscat Granita
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Rich, sweet muscat is a match for ripe peaches in this refreshing, elegant dessert.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 4mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- 4 cups sliced peaches (about 2 pounds)
- 1 (375-ml) bottle Muscat wine
- 3 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Combine peaches and wine in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Strain peach mixture through a sieve into a large bowl; discard solids.
- Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups water.
- Combine peach mixture and sugar mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, stirring with a whisk. Freeze 6 hours or until firm, stirring twice during first 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note