- 1/2 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mild honey
- 4 balls mozzarella (8 oz. each, preferably buffalo's milk; see Notes)
- 4 large firm-ripe yellow or white peaches, rinsed but not peeled
- 10 to 12 sprigs fresh mint
- 10 to 12 sprigs fresh basil
- Sea salt or coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 481
- caloriesfromfat 71 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 38 g
- satfat 22 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 922 mg
- cholesterol 80 mg
How to Make It
In a dry (not nonstick) skillet, toast curry powder over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, a shade darker, and just starting to smoke, 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool briefly. Whisk in olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Set aside.
Slice mozzarella into 1/2-in.-thick pieces and set aside. Peel peaches, cut in half lengthwise, and remove pits. Set each half flat on cutting board and slice into 1/2-in.-thick half-moons; set aside. Pluck mint and basil leaves from stems and set aside.
Set out 8 small plates or flattish bowls and build a loose tower of salad on each: Lay a couple of pieces of peach in center, top with a leaf or two of mint and basil, drape on a piece of mozzarella, or repeat layering 2 or 3 times. Top each stack with 2 peach slices and a sprig of mint. Drizzle with curry vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper, and scatter a few mint and basil leaves on each plate.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per salad.