I have made these bars for several church functions. They disappear quickly. I love the sweetness from the peach and the slight tartness of the raspberry. And, the shortbread bottom melts in your mouth. Found it was easiest to make the shortbread in the food processor. So quick!
Peach Melba Shortbread Bars
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 6 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Garnish: powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup flour mixture.
- 2. Lightly grease an 11- x 7-inch or 9-inch square pan. Press remaining flour mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. Spread peach preserves over crust in pan. Dollop raspberry preserves by 1/2 teaspoonfuls over peach preserves. Sprinkle reserved 1 cup flour mixture over preserves. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies