Peach-Habanero Chile Sauce
This recipe goes with Pecan-crusted Trout with Peach-Habanero Chile Sauce
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 habanero chile, finely chopped
- 2 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Melt butter with oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic and shallot, and cook 1 minute. Add habanero chile; cook 1 minute. Stir in peaches, and cook 3 minutes. Add wine; cook 3 minutes. Stir in clam juice, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Process peach mixture in a food processor or blender until chunky, stopping to scrape down sides; stir in salt and pepper.
- Place peach mixture in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir together cornstarch and water, and stir cornstarch mixture into peach mixture. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Serve warm over Pecan-crusted Trout.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This