Not my favorite recipe. The marinade was very wine-heavy in flavor.
Peach-Glazed Barbecue Pork Chops and Peaches
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
The cooking time for your peaches will vary depending on their ripeness. The glaze also works well on chicken.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chop and 2 peach halves)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 449mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 3 cups chopped peeled peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick), trimmed
- 6 peaches, halved and pitted
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 minutes. Place peach mixture in a food processor; process until smooth. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients (vinegar through red pepper); pulse to combine. Let stand 5 minutes. Place half of peach mixture in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; reserve other half for basting. Add chops to bag; seal bag and refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place pork and peach halves on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 10 minutes or until the pork is done and the peaches are tender, turning once. Baste pork and peach halves with the reserved peach mixture every 2 minutes during the first 6 minutes of cooking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes