Very good. Add peaches at last minute.
Turn a coleslaw recipe into a special summertime treat with the addition of chopped fresh peaches, pecans, pepper jelly, and fresh ginger. The peaches add a pleasing sweetness to the savory slaw.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (16-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 large fresh peaches, unpeeled and coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 10 minutes).
- 2. Meanwhile, microwave jelly in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 15 seconds. Whisk in vinegar and next 2 ingredients until blended. Gradually add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until well blended.
- 3. Add coleslaw mix, and toss to coat. Gently stir in peaches. Stir in pecans; add salt to taste. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours, stirring in pecans and salt to taste just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note