This is an absolutely "yummy" alternative to other grilled chicken recipes. Great for the family, but also good enough for company. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The kids will love the "peach/ginger" infused relish. The relish is simple & easy to make and can be made ahead of time. I served this chicken with brown rice & put the relish on the rice as well as the chicken. For those of you watching your sodium intake, it would be very easy to "cut back" on, or eliminate altogether a lot of the sodium in this recipe.
Peach-Ginger Chicken Thighs
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 737mg
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 4 peaches (about 1 1/2 lb. total), peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 16 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1. Stir together preserves, ginger and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup; put remaining mixture in a medium bowl.
- 2. Add peaches, bell peppers and scallions to medium bowl with preserves mixture. Stir gently. Stir in basil and lime juice. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 3. Put chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Squeeze lime halves over both sides of chicken; season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Turn on all grill burners and preheat to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). When grill is ready, turn one burner off for indirect heat and leave others on for direct heat. Brush grill with oil. Place chicken on grill rack over direct heat. Cover and grill for 5 minutes on each side. Baste chicken with remaining preserves mixture and move to grill rack over indirect heat. Cover and grill for 10 minutes longer, turning once and basting often. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved peach relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note