Peach-Ginger Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 4 peaches (about 1 1/2 lb. total), peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 16 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- calories 311
- fat 35 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 115 mg
- sodium 737 mg
How to Make It
Stir together preserves, ginger and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup; put remaining mixture in a medium bowl.
Add peaches, bell peppers and scallions to medium bowl with preserves mixture. Stir gently. Stir in basil and lime juice. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Put chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Squeeze lime halves over both sides of chicken; season with salt and pepper.
Turn on all grill burners and preheat to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). When grill is ready, turn one burner off for indirect heat and leave others on for direct heat. Brush grill with oil. Place chicken on grill rack over direct heat. Cover and grill for 5 minutes on each side. Baste chicken with remaining preserves mixture and move to grill rack over indirect heat. Cover and grill for 10 minutes longer, turning once and basting often. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved peach relish.