Peach French Toast Bake
When you want a hot, homey breakfast that’s special enough for company but without the morning fuss, this French toast bake is the answer—you pull it together the night before and while you sleep the eggy goodness seeps into the bread and all the flavors meld together. In the morning you just need to pop it in the oven. It comes out fragrant, with juicy, brown sugar-laced peaches atop tender vanilla and cinnamon-scented bread that has just the right amount of chewiness from the baguette crust. A drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of cool, creamy yogurt complete the picture and everyone’s left wondering just how you manage to do it all with such grace. . . . on cookstr.com
Yield: 6 servings
Community Recipe from
- Baguette, Eggs & Peaches
- Cooking spray
- 1 large whole-wheat baguette, about 8 oz
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 5 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 T firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt, optional
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup, optional
- Coat a 9 × 13-in baking pan with cooking spray. Cut the baguette into 1/2" thick slices & arrange them in a single layer in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, milk & vanilla; pour the egg mixture over the bread in the pan. Scatter the peach slices evenly over the bread; sprinkle with the brown sugar & cinnamon; cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Uncover & bake until slightly puffed & golden brown, about 40 mins. Top with yogurt & drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
- Eating Well Tip: Frozen fruit is nutritionally comparable to fresh & it is perfectly suited for baking & blending. In fact. I prefer to use frozen fruit in a smoothie because it makes it ultracool & frothy. Just be sure to buy it unsweetened. I use frozen peaches in this recipe to make it an easy year-round dish, but feel free to use fresh ripe peaches if they are in season. . . Ellie Krieger of EatingWell
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NanaElaine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peach French Toast Bake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes