Peach Cream Cake
More From Oxmoor House
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 (24-ounce) jar refrigerated sliced peaches in light syrup, drained
- Cream Cheese Filling
- Whipped Cream Frosting
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until soft peaks form. Set mixture aside.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until thick and pale. Beat in lemon rind and whipping cream. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour just until smooth. By hand, carefully fold in one-third of egg white mixture. Fold egg yolk mixture into remaining egg white mixture. Pour batter into 2 lightly greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 13 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Pat peach slices with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Set aside 8 peach slices. Place 1 cake layer on a cake plate. Top cake layer with Cream Cheese Filling, spreading to edges. Arrange peach slices in spoke fashion on filling. Top peach slices with 1 cup Whipped Cream Frosting, spreading to edges. Top frosting with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining Whipped Cream Frosting. Arrange reserved peach slices on top of cake. Chill until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
- Note: Substitute 2 cups of peeled fresh peach slices in season for the canned peaches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts