Peach Cobbler Supreme
Make this classic peach cobbler recipe with only a handful of ingredients and impress your friends and family with a dessert that will reign "supreme."
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 12x8x2-Inch Baking Dish Pastry
- Combine 2 cups sugar, flour, and nutmeg in a large Dutch oven; add peaches, and set aside 15 minutes. Bring peach mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until peaches are tender and mixture thickens. Remove from heat; add almond extract and butter. Stir gently until butter melts. Set aside.
- Roll one-third of pastry to 1/8- inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut into 3/4-inchwide strips, and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, and set aside.
- Roll half of remaining pastry to 1/8-inch thickness; fit into a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon half of peach mixture into pastry shell; arrange cooked pastry strips evenly over filling. Spoon remaining peach mixture over pastry strips.
- Roll remaining pastry to 1/8- inch thickness; cut into 3/4-inch wide strips, and arrange in a lattice fashion over filling. Trim edges; seal and flute. Sprinkle remaining sugar on lattice strips.
- Bake at 475° for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375°, and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts