Mine came out a little too liquidy. I think I'll cut back on the syrup in the peaches. The bread was crunchy outside and soft inside and was very good! Definitely adding this to our desserts. Easy enough to make on a weeknight! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This is my Mothers recipe - it reminds me of being a kid again!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 2 1/2 cup(s) peaches (with juice) pre-sliced
- 1 cube(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) flour sifted
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) shortening
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- In large saucepan, mix 1/2 cup sugar and corn starch, gradually stir in peaches and juice. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for one minute.
- Pour the mix into a 2 quart (8x8") glass baking dish and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Sift together the flour, 1 tbsp sugar, baking powder and salt
- Cut in shortening and milk, cutting with a knife until it looks like meal
- Drop spoon fulls onto the hot peach mix
- Bake at 400 deg for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TNeubauer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note