Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh or frozen peach slices, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make the filling, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add peaches and lemon juice; toss well. Spoon filling into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- While peaches bake, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add 1/2 cup water; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Set aside. Combine egg and 2 tablespoons water.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto hot peaches (topping will spread as it bakes). Brush topping with egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts