Peach-Cinnamon Ice Cream
Peach nectar is a sweet, intensely flavored drink that's usually found on the international food aisle, with the fruit juices, or with cocktail mixes.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Freeze: 25 Minutes
- 4 cups peeled, diced fresh peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Garnish: sliced fresh peaches
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Process peach mixture, in batches, in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Set aside.
- Whisk together yolks and milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, 20 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats a spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; whisk in peach mixture, half-and-half, lemon juice, and ground cinnamon. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 6-quart electric ice-cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.) Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a White Mountain 6-Quart Electric Ice Cream Freezer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This