Peach Cake from America's Test Kitchen
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 pound(s) fresh peaches
- granulated sugar
- lemon juice
- peach schnapps
- 1/3 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/4 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoon(s) melted & cooled unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- Thinly slice (1/2 inch slices) a portion of the peaches until you have 24 slices. To these sliced peaches, add 1 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 Tablespoons peach schnapps. Set aside for the cake topping.
- Cut the remaining peaches into cubes. Add 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 3 Tablespoons peach schnapps. Spread these peaches in a single layer on a foil lined and lightly vegetable oil sprayed cookie sheet. Roast in a 425 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes until the juices are slightly thickened and peaches at the edges start to carmelize. Cool and then toss with the 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs right on the cookie sheet.
- Batter: Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine 2 large eggs, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup light brown sugar with a whisk for about 45 seconds untill light.
- Add 8 tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Mix and then add dry ingredients just until blended.
- Using an offset knife, spread half the batter into a lightly sprayed 9 inch springform pan. Spread roasted peaches over batter and then top with remaining batter gently spreading over peaches until covered. Place the 24 peach slices on top in a pretty pattern. Using your fingers, combine 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar with 1/8 teaspoon almond extract and sprinkle this mixture on top of the peaches.
- In a 350 degree oven, bake the cake for 50 - 60 minutes until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan before removing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Randi's Recipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peach Cake from America's Test Kitchen Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts