These are fantastic! I added a little more milk at the end since the batter seemed a little thick. I also added a few drops of vanilla. If you like cinnamon in your peach cobbler, you might like more cinnamon than the recipe calls for. BUT they are great as is, adjusting the thickness of the batter. I can't believe I'm the first to rate these pancakes in the 6 years since the recipe was published!
Peach Buttermilk Pancakes
Serve these for breakfast or dessert with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and chopped fresh mint.
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, diced fresh peaches
- Toppings: sweetened whipped cream, diced fresh peaches
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add buttermilk and egg, whisking until blended. Gently fold in peaches.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes 4 to 6 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook other side until golden brown. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note