Unique, fresh flavors! I made the recipe first,as an appetizer and assumed it would be a pick-up food~ disappointed with the messiness. BUT this recipe is so flavorful that it's worthy of a knife & fork. I do like it better with whole wheat tortillas, and definitely use the dipping sauce. Love to serve this recipe as a light summer meal paired with rice, (add a little lime zest to the rice as well) and with peach tea over crushed ice. YUM!
Peach and Brie Quesadillas with Lime-Honey Dipping Sauce
This intriguing Mexican dish is savory-sweet. Ripe—but firm—peaches work best; if they're too soft, they'll make the tortillas soggy.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 157
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 316mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled firm ripe peaches (about 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Chive strips (optional)
- To prepare sauce, combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- To prepare quesadillas, combine peaches, 1 tablespoon chives, and sugar, tossing gently to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange one-fourth of cheese and one-fourth of peach mixture over half of each tortilla; fold tortillas in half. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges; serve with sauce. Garnish with chive strips, if desired.
Placing the fillings on one side of the tortilla and folding the other half over (like a taco) makes the quesadillas easier to handle. Whole wheat tortillas would also be great, offering a sweet, nutty taste. The lime-honey dipping sauce balances the richness of the buttery filling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note