You better really like bourbon. The recipe calls for such much bourbon that it covers all of the peach flavor. Couldn't taste peach at all, just bourbon. Nice idea, but need to change proportions.
Photo: Beau Gustafson; Styling: Sissy Lamberton
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup peach preserves*
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. bourbon or whiskey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh basil sprigs
- 1. Whisk together peach preserves and hot water in a glass pitcher until preserves are dissolved. Whisk in bourbon and lemon juice.
- 2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add one-third of bourbon mixture; cover with lid, and shake until thoroughly chilled. Pour over ice into 2 (8- to 12-oz.) glasses. Repeat procedure with remaining bourbon mixture. Garnish, if desired. Serve drinks immediately.
- *Seedless blackberry, apricot, or ginger preserves may be substituted.
- Quick Ideas: Add garnishes to match or complement the preserves flavor you choose. Fresh blackberries and mint sprigs look great on glasses of Blackberry-Bourbon Sours, while lemon and kiwifruit slices are fancy touches to Ginger-Bourbon Cocktails.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This