Very light and fluffy. Other recipes i have tried have oil or butter in the mix, this had none so decided to add 2 tbsp of canola oil. Will try leaving it out next time
Peach and Blueberry Pancakes
Each third-cupful of this thick batter produces a pancake that is wonderfully fluffy and filled with fresh fruit. The combination of peaches and blueberries never fails to please.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 448mg
- Calcium: 214mg
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fresh blueberries (optional)
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, flaxseed, if desired, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Combine buttermilk, lemon rind, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries and peaches.
- 3. Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/3 cup batter per pancake onto pan. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Serve with butter. Top with blueberries, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note