Peach and Blackberry Crumble
Freshly zested lemon rind brings this dessert to life. The dish works equally well with fresh or frozen peaches, making it a breeze to prepare year around.
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.08
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- 1 1/4 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced, or 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen peach slices, thawed
- 2 (5.6 oz.) containers fresh blackberries, picked over
- Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup blanched, almonds, finely sliced, chopped or ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, blackberries, lemon peel, 1/3 cup sugar and cornstarch. Distribute evenly in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, almonds, salt and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle in an even layer over fruit.
- Set baking dish onto a foil-lined baking sheet to catch any juice that might bubble over. Bake until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts
Food & Wine