Peach Barbecue Sauce
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
Time: 30 minutes. Summer peaches and savory spices are delicious in this versatile barbecue sauce. We used it on grilled pork chops, but it would be fantastic on chicken or ribs as well.
Yield: Makes 2 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, adobo sauce, mustard, allspice, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add peaches and cook until starting to soften, 2 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Serve sauce with your favorite grilled meats and grilled peach halves.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments