Peach Barbecue Sauce
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 81
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 2. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, adobo sauce, mustard, allspice, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add peaches and cook until starting to soften, 2 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Serve sauce with your favorite grilled meats and grilled peach halves.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments