Loved this but did not use salt as I rarely do in recipes I am not a huge parsley fan so I cut it back a bit I think if you chopped it finely it would be great! Def will make again great summer dish
Summer Pea, Watermelon, and Farro Salad
More From Cooking Light
Total: 32 Minutes
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 35.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 11.1mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 433mg
- Calcium: 146mg
- 1 cup uncooked farro or wheat berries
- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 3/4 pound unshelled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1. Place farro in a large saucepan, and cover with water to 2 inches above farro. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 23 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- 2. Add green peas to pan with farro, and cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse farro mixture with cold water; drain.
- 3. Combine farro mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Add the watermelon cubes and 1 cup chopped parsley, and toss gently to combine. Top salad with Romano cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note