Pea Soup with Coconut Cream and Basil
This soup is superquick to prepare. Serve at room temperature, or let it chill for an hour while you go about your day. Because coconut milk thickens when chilled, allow the soup to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving, and stir well before pouring into bowls.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 288mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can light coconut milk, divided
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green peas
- Small basil leaves
- 1. Place coconut milk in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Reserve 1/4 cup; refrigerate.
- 2. Combine remaining coconut milk, stock, and next 5 ingredients (through peas) in a blender; process until smooth.
- 3. Ladle soup into shallow, chilled bowls if serving immediately, or transfer to a bowl and cover to chill. Garnish with reserved coconut milk and small basil leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note