I thought this was going to be too vinegary but it has a nice flavor - a little bit tangy but not too overpowering. The peas give it a nice crunch. I didn't have enough pea shoots so I supplemented with some bibb lettuce.
Pea Shoot Salad with Radishes and Pickled Onion
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 163mg
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup shelled fresh English peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups pea shoots
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine cider vinegar, 1/2 cup water, and teaspoon sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add onion; let stand 30 minutes. Drain. Cook English peas in boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt for 2 minutes. Drain; rinse peas with cold water. Combine onion, peas, pea shoots, and sliced radishes in a large bowl. Combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Drizzle oil mixture over pea mixture; toss gently.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note