Pea Salad with Bacon and Eggs
Try the fresh taste of peas. Add color and crunch to all your meals with this favorite springtime veggie.
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 225mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh pea pods,
- shelled (2 cups peas)
- 6 strips smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Hard-boil eggs: Put eggs into a small saucepan, add enough water to cover and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Turn off heat, cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain, then cover eggs with ice water. Let stand until eggs are cold, about 5 minutes. Drain, then peel.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan half full of water to a boil. Add peas, reduce heat and simmer until peas are tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, stirring, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat from pan; add onion and garlic to pan and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in peas and bacon, followed by olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Chop eggs, add to salad and toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables