Pea Salad Deviled Eggs
More peas, please--especially when they're mixed with egg yolks, bacon, and mint in delectable Pea Salad Deviled Eggs.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched fresh sweet peas, coarsely chopped
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks, reserving egg whites. Mash together yolks, peas, bacon, mayonnaise, onion, sour cream, mint, salt, and pepper. Spoon into egg white halves. Serve immediately, or chill up to 1 hour.
- How to Blanch Peas: Cook desired amount of fresh sweet peas, snow peas, or sugar snap peas in boiling salted water to cover 1 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice-cold water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note