Start risotto while heating the grill for the chicken; cover and keep warm until you're ready to serve. If using frozen peas, add with last cup of broth.
Yield: Makes 8 cups; about 8 side-dish servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Cholesterol: 7.2mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio or other short-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- About 5 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 8 ounces shelled fresh peas (about 1 lb. in shell), or 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (see notes)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Pour olive oil into a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat; when hot, add onion and stir often until limp, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir until opaque, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Add wine and stir until absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 5 1/2 cups broth, about a cup at a time, stirring after each addition until almost absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes total; stir in peas with the second cup of broth. If risotto is thicker than desired, stir in a little more broth. Stir in cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note