Pea and Mint Relish
This relish looks like guacamole, so the mild, fresh flavor of peas and mint is a surprise. Prep and Cook Time: about 25 minutes. Notes: You'll need about 1 lb. pea pods for 1 cup shelled peas. You can make the relish ahead and chill it for up to 2 hours.
This recipe goes with Lamb Burgers
More From Sunset
- Calories: 42
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 2.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded fresh red or green Fresno or jalapeño chile
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Blanch peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds, drain, and transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Whirl mint in a food processor to finely chop. Add peas, chile, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pulse until finely chopped. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2 tablespoons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note