- 1 cup fresh shelled peas (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded fresh red or green Fresno or jalapeño chile
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- calories 42
- caloriesfromfat 52 %
- protein 1.5 g
- fat 2.4 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- sodium 2.7 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Blanch peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds, drain, and transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
Whirl mint in a food processor to finely chop. Add peas, chile, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pulse until finely chopped. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2 tablespoons.