- 8 ounces frozen peas, divided
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves plus a few small leaves for garnish
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 potsticker or egg roll wrappers (about 6 in. square)
- 1 large egg, beaten with 2 tbsp. water
- 1 small shallot, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 qt. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- calories 403
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 894 mg
- cholesterol 83 mg
How to Make It
Rinse peas briefly with hot water to melt ice crystals. Chop 1/3 cup mint leaves and garlic in a food processor. Add 1 cup peas, the ricotta, lemon juice, salt, and oil and pulse to chop peas.
Lay out 4 wrappers. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, spoon a scant 1 tbsp. pea mixture near each corner, about 1/2 in. from edge and from the other spoonfuls. Brush around each mound with egg wash. Lay another wrapper (don't wash with egg) over filled wrapper. Using the side of your hand, press down around filling to seal into 4 mounds and press out any air. Cut between mounds to make 4 ravioli. Pinch edges closed on all sides.
In a large, wide pot, sauté shallot in butter over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes, then add broth and bring to a boil. Add remaining 1/2 cup peas and the ravioli and simmer gently until ravioli are cooked and peas are bright green, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir to keep ravioli from sticking.
Serve in wide bowls, with mint and parmesan.