Pea, Carrot, and Tofu Salad
To get a beautiful brown sear on the tofu, drain the tofu slices between several layers of paper towels to absorb the extra moisture before cooking. Sear the slices in a hot skillet, and while they cook, move them only to turn them over.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 312
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.2g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 554mg
- Calcium: 256mg
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup light sesame ginger dressing
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium head Bibb lettuce, torn
- 4 teaspoons roasted, unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 1. Place tofu on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels; gently press out moisture. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine tofu, dressing, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Divide lettuce evenly among 4 plates. Top lettuce with 1 3/4 cups tofu mixture. Sprinkle evenly with sunflower seed kernels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note